Let’s Taco Bout It – A Chicken Taco Recipe Sure To Make Your Weekly Dinner Rotation
Summer is right around the corner, which makes us think about sunny days, vacation, and barbeques on the grill. One of our favorite recipes at Charleston Wrap is our Chicken Taco Recipe (tacos featured on pg. 33 of our Kitchen & Home 2019 Catalog) – this recipe has become one of our staples for dinnertime.
One of our products featured in this recipe is our Taco Truck (Item 514) – this stainless steel taco truck is the perfect accessory to present your tacos on. It’s also grill and oven-safe, which makes it easy to build your own crunchy shells. This item will be available for our Fall 2019 fundraising season and we couldn’t be more excited! See below for our Chicken Taco Recipe:
- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken (boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs)
- 2-3 red, orange, and/or yellow bell peppers, halved (or use a few handfuls of baby peppers)
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2″-thick slices
- 2-3 fresh jalapenos sliced for topping – Try our Charleston Wrap Jalapeno Corer to help you ditch the seeds!
- Stonewall Kitchen Black Bean Salsa (Available this fall on charlestonwrapstore.com)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (chipotle chili powder will have heat and smoke)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6-8 tortillas to fill for your tacos – we recommend using Item 513 our “Tortilla Warmer” to keep your tortillas warm while your meat is heating up!
Place meat in a Ziploc bag or shallow dish. Place vegetables in another. In a medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and whisk well. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons of marinade for later use. With the remaining marinade, add a splash to the vegetables (enough for a light coating) and the remaining to the meat. Marinate for 4-6 hours and up to overnight.
Heat an indoor grill pan or large skillet to medium heat. If using a skillet, cook the peppers and onions first and then the chicken. Cook chicken for a few minutes on each side until cooked through and remove from pan. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add vegetables and heat through. Remove vegetables from cooking surface and slice. Slice meat.
Top tortillas with the meat, vegetables, and your favorite toppings (we recommend Stonewall Kitchen’s Black Bean Salsa, which will be available this fall on charlestonwrapstore.com). Bon appétit!