The Perfect Ingredients for Making Mom Breakfast in Bed
When the month of May comes around, it seems like sons and daughters (and Dads, too) are always scrambling to figure out the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Is there really such thing as the perfect gift for the Mom who has given you so much? She gave you life, how can you top that?! As busy as life can be these days with kids, PTA school fundraisers, marching band practice, and work-life, keeping Mother’s Day simple is best. So, why not cook Mom a delicious, southern-style, breakfast-in-bed?
If you don’t know Joanna Gaines by now just Google her. You’ll quickly find yourself down a rabbit hole of all things “farmhouse”, southern, cozy, fresh and just pure goodness. With the recent release of Joanna’s new cookbook, Magnolia Table, we couldn’t help but think of her Three-Cheese Quiche as the perfect dish for Mom– It was really calling our name so we decided to take on the challenge using a few essential Charleston Wrap® Kitchen & Home items, of course! (Yep, school fundraising products you can actually use – and they’re super cute!)
Charleston Wrap® Kitchen essentials:
- Bel Piatto™ Mini Cast Iron Skillets (cast iron skillets are staples in any southern kitchen, but mini skillets take it to a whole new level)
- Wood & Silicone Kitchen Utensils (durable tools are a necessity for any cook)
- Grab some towels and an oven mitt from The Premier All Season Kitchen Linen Collection (our thick cotton towels and oven mitts are must-haves, especially since they’re just so adorable and can be personalized, too!)
Three-Cheese Quiche, Magnolia Table
Recipe and directions have been slightly modified from the original recipe
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 35 minutes for mini skillets | Cool: 5-10 minutes
Directions (slightly modified from the original recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the Bel Piatto™ Mini Cast Iron Skillets by greasing them with a small amount of butter and lining each skillet with your pie shells (we used 4 mini skillets). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic powder, paprika (if using), salt, and white pepper.
- Stir in the Cheddar, Parmesan, and Gruyere.
- Pour the mixture into your mini skillets, using your silicone spatula (a Charleston Wrap® kitchen essential!) to get every last drop of the egg mixture into your skillets. Sprinkle chives on top.
- Bake in the oven approximately 35 minutes until the quiche is lightly golden and set in the center (cooking time may vary so check often). Give each mini skillet a gentle push to make sure they’re set. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover your quiche with foil to prevent them from burning.
- Using your durable oven mitt, remove skillets from oven. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm straight out of the skillet (the whole purpose of a mini skillet is so you can eat from it – no sharing required!).
- Makes 4 personal-sized Three-Cheese Quiche.
For an extra southern flare, there was no question as to what we would use to bake our Three-Cheese Quiche. Cast iron skillets are a staple in any southern kitchen, and let’s be honest, everything tastes better when it’s cooked in a cast iron skillet (Grandma said so!). Because we wanted to personalize Mother’s Day just a bit more, we decided to use our Bel Piatto™ Mini Cast Iron Skillets (mini skillets add the perfect touch!) so Mom would have her very own personal quiche.
Our Wood & Silicone Kitchen Utensils made prep time for this simple dish super speedy too, which we love because who wants to spend all morning in the kitchen when you can spend quality time with your Mom? A little bit of this and a little bit of that and we we’re popping those mini skillets in the oven in no time. In roughly 35 minutes, our mini quiche masterpieces were ready, and they were oh-so-cute, too! Adorned with an adorable kitchen linen towel (from The Premier All Season Kitchen Linen Collection), these mini skillets of Three-Cheese Quiche were ready to be served up for Mom on a nice little breakfast tray. (Tip: Add a fresh fruit salad, a small vase of flowers and some freshly squeezed OJ to your breakfast tray.)
So, there you have it – A simple recipe from Joanna Gaines using a few of our Charleston Wrap® kitchen essentials and you can whip up a special breakfast-in-bed for Mom. She’s sure to love her own personal mini skillet of quiche goodness, too. Who knew fundraising items could bring so much joy to your kitchen and home (we did of course!)? Pick up a great cookbook and a few kitchen essentials (personalize a set of kitchen towels as a bonus gift!) and show Mom your appreciation. A dash of love is priceless.